Sunday, July 30, 2017

Dieting

DIETING

Yeah, I'm obsessed. I'm not happy with what I weigh, I'm not happy with how difficult it is to lose weight, I'm not happy that I have to give up foods that other people can blissfully eat with no repercussions. I have tried so many diets and exercise routines that I'm at the point that I'll buy them, try them for a day or two and if I don't see results I'll give up. This is a well in-bread habit that started years ago. I stop buying them for a while but then I just can't resist the chance that THIS ONE might work!

I swear, I have been on one diet or another since I was five years old. Yeah, no kidding. I remember my mother being on Weight Watchers and her making me eat like she did so I could lose weight. (Um, like it was my fault at that age that I was overweight? Yeah definitely a little transference there!) Yeah, that didn't work out very well.

In my adult years, I have blamed my thyroid (after all, it can't be the way I eat - honestly, I eat pretty healthy! Very low carb & low sugar). This has been a recurring theme since my childhood when my doctor refused to check my thyroid saying I was too young to have such a problem.

Then, of course, there was the rebellion against always dieting and not being able to enjoy myself when out with friends. That was my teen years and it wasn't pretty.

So now, let's toss menopause on top of that lovely mix, and guess what - yes, I do have a thyroid problem (surprise, surprise). So even though I've stopped gaining weight now that that's under control, losing weight is still nearly impossible.

So what's a girl to do? Of course I go out and buy the next diet program that sounds reasonable and doesn't cost too much. I'll let you know if I ever find one! So far it's probably 1,000 to 1, but I'm sure I'll get lucky one of these days and find the one that works!

Hey, let us know if you've got an answer that works and let's share!

No comments:

Post a Comment