Sunday, July 16, 2017

THE POWER OF PRAYER

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, 
faithful in prayer.      
                                                                             Romans 12:12

How many times today has someone asked you to pray for something? For a sick loved one, or themself, or a bad situation...

The gift that we all have, that was left for us with His Spirit, is the ability to reach out to our very creator and ask for His mercy on us and our loved ones. AND HE HEARS US!

And how many of us have witnessed answered prayers?

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.                2 Chronicles 7:14
                                                                                        
You would probably be amazed if you knew how many people truly pray when they hear a request, whether it be a passing moment or repeated prayer throughout the day as they think of it.

I may not always remember to pray again, but if I say I will pray, you can be sure that I will. And I'm not alone. Prayer is a precious gift and we should use it wisely. God has promised to hear us, we should be sure our requests are worth hearing.

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.   James 5:16

Have faith, He's listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment